without internet

Viser 1 svartråd
  • Forfatter
      lucentum
      Deltager

I am a foreign student in DTU and I have rented a flat

During 8 days there was no internet in the flat rented by me. Obviously I never would have rented this flat if it did not have internet.

I ask several times for a quick solution of the fault. Those days I could not use the flat because I needed internet to do my work as student in DTU.

When internet was repaired I asked a economic compensation for the 8 days without ineternet. The answer was “We must inform you that there will no compensation of the missing internet ? according to the Danish tenancy law, we are not obliged to to pay compensation due to lack of Internet connection”

Is it true that according to the Danish tenancy law, they are not obliged to to pay compensation due to lack of Internet connectio?

I cannot believe it.

Jakob Lindberg

No, that’s not correct. According to the tenancy law that applies in social housing, you can claim compensation for deficiencies. A landlord is responsible for ensuring that all normal installations in the home work. This also applies to antennas and other similar installations used for internet. In old, cheap homes where there have never been fixed antenna installations, however, you can not force the landlord to provide Internet access
      Although the law gives you the right to claim compensation, it is difficult in practice. If you can not persuade the landlord to pay, then you must file a lawsuit in court to have your claim met. It probably will not pay off in a case like this.

Dansk oversættelse:

Nej, det er ikke korrekt. I følge den lejelov, der gælder i alment boligbyggeri, kan du kræve kompensation ved mangler. En udlejer har ansvaret for at alle normale installationer i boligen fungerer. Dette gælder også for antenner og andre lignende installationer, som bruges til internet. I gamle, billige boliger, hvor der aldrig har været faste antenne installationer kan man dog ikke tvinge udlejeren til at tilvejebringe internetadgang
      Selv om loven giver dig ret til at kræve kompensation, så er det svært i praksis. Hvis du ikke kan overtale udlejer til at betale, så skal du anlægge sag ved retten for at få opfyldt dit krav. Det vil sandsynligvis ikke kunne betale sig i et tilfælde som dette.

Viser 1 svartråd

Du skal være logget ind for at svare på dette indlæg.